Are you new to the school scene or know someone who is?? Well then, this post is for you guys! When your first “baby” goes into kindergarten it’s a major ordeal- more major for the mother. Here are ten easy ways to spot a first time kinder mom:
1. They are crying in the school supply aisle in Target.
2. Pre-writes 180 different “I love you” notes for lunch boxes.
3. Posts 100 different pictures of their “baby”, when they actually were a baby, on Twitter and/or Facebook the few days before school starts reminiscing with lots of sad quotes about “where has the time gone???” and making every moment count.
4. Is the one crying at meet the teacher night.
5. Pins 100,000 healthy snack and ridiculous bento box ideas on Pinterest during the weeks before school starts.
Yea, like this ^^ If you have time to make angry birds out of rice, either there’s something wrong with you are you are seriously amazing.
6. Take a million different pics of their kid on the first day of school in different places in their classroom, at their seats, next to their seats, holding their nametag, not holding their nametag, by the door, opening the door, looking at you, looking in the sky, with a First Day of Kinder sign, with their backpack on, with their lunch box, by the school sign, with their teacher, with mom, with dad and a whole family shot.
7. Is the one wearing huge, dark sunglasses at drop off.
8. Is waiting at the gate and hour early for pick up.
9. Is the one glued to the outside classroom window…just staring inside.
10. Is the one being dragged away from the classroom after the bell by their husband/SO, bawling their eyes out.
ATTENTION FIRST TIME KINDER MOMS: Don’t be offended by this silly list….you know it’s true!! I know it’s true too, you know why?? Because I did every one of these 🙂 Well, I didn’t cry in Target, but maybe I thought about it. It gets easier, and trust me, they are having a blast so relax and enjoy your fleeting kid-free moments. If all else fails, have a glass of wine 😉