Oh, to have a three year old. They are a whole different animal. I wrote all about The Life of 3 a ways back- analyzing this special breed for all it’s glory and insanity. Lately my youngest has been on a roll with the hilarious things she has been doing and saying and I wanted to devote a whole post to them- just because they are THAT funny.
This kid makes me CRAZY with all her defiance, rebelling and independence but I still love her to pieces. She is the one kid I’m sure I will not have to worry about as much because she will not be in the habit of putting up with people’s crap as she grows up. She’s got her own opinions and is NOT afraid to tell you why yours are wrong, regardless of whether they actually are or not. She is the most like me in this way 🙂
Oh Hannah, here are just some of the funny things you are been up to:
– Recently Hannah wanted me to paint her nails. She looks at me and says: “Mama, please just paint my shoe nails, not my hand nails.” Shoe nails??!? Love it.
– Hannah has always been home with me, so even though she loves school and going to CCD at church, she likes to make me feel bad and sometimes put up a fuss before we go. This past week we were driving to church for the kids classes and she asks me from the third row “MOMMY, where are we going?” “CCD babe. You have CCD tonight.” Then she replies with: “Oh, I’m ok with that tonight. It’ll be ok for you to bring me there.” Huh? Like you had a choice kid.
– She has been wanting to draw faces on everything. Like the milk:
And her play food:
She also drew stripes all over her Little Tykes cozy coupe because she wanted to drive a “Tiger-mobile” instead of a car. LOL. Note to self: hide all sharpies until she is out of this phase.
– I bought a butterball turkey at Target the other day and brought it home. “MAMA, what’s that?” she says. “It’s the turkey for Thanksgiving.” She stares at it and peers inside the bag. Then she starts crying. “What’s wrong??” I ask. “MAMA! I thought we were having a REAL turkey over for Thanksgiving!! One with feathers and a face!!!” Oh boy- sorry to disappoint you but nothing with feathers will be joining us. Needless to say, we did NOT have the conversation that this turkey once did have feathers and a face :/
– Speaking of faces: Her and I were shopping at the grocery store the other day and I was getting her out of the car when, of course, the person next to me arrived and needed to get in their car. It was a normal looking young girl, probably in her 20’s, she was nice as I uttered my “oh sorry!” because Hannah was taking forever to get out of her seat. She gets out, glances at the girl and then grabs my hand. We begin walking towards the store and she says to me “Mama, I didn’t like that girl.” Perhaps she too hates when people arrive to get in or out of their car just when you need to get out like I do. “Why don’t you like her? She seemed nice.” “I didn’t like her face.” GEEZE, I think. “That’s not very nice Hannah.” I say. “Well she looked like a vampire.” WHAT???? First of all, how does she even know what a vampire is and second, is she some kind of psychic that knows vampires are secretly living among us?!? I don’t want to know.
and I saved the best for last….
– We were at church on Sunday and Hannah, as usual, was fussing about it “taking too long” We were having communion so I explain to her, like I do every week that we had to have communion, then one more prayer and one more song and then we were done. We have communion and get back to the pews and I tell her it’s time to pray now. “What do I pray about?” she asks. “Anything you want!” I explain. “Can I ask God for something?” “Sure” I say. She begins to pray all adorable like and then looks at me and says she’s done. “What did you ask God for?” I ask her.
drum roll please……………
She replies: “I asked God for this to be OVER.” (this meaning church) LOL I can barely contain myself. After a few more minutes, mass is over and Hannah looks to me with the biggest smile and says “He listened to me Mama!!!” It’s a miracle, Hannah. It’s a miracle.
Do you have a toddler? What hilarious-ness have they been up to recently??? Thank goodness
this kid cracks me up because otherwise I don’t think I’d make it.