WARNING: Kids are attracted to this dip! On the weekend, we often get together with friends and all hangout, kids outside and adults inside, all sipping on their respective drinks. We all bring a dish to snack on, and this one is, by far, my most requested one! This Sprinkle Cake Dip is like a funfetti cake all smashed up in dip-form. It’s tasty, sweet and so easy to make. It’s great with a variety of dippers and your kids won’t stop eating it!
Who doesn’t love sprinkle cake?? It reminds me of childhood birthday parties. I loved when my mom would make it with it’s matching white and sprinkley frosting. It was SO good. Now since I am the mom I can make this same treat for my kids, but I don’t always have time to make a whole cake before a get-together, so this dip is a happy medium.
It comes together with 5 ingredients and literally takes 3 minutes to make! Seriously! No fussing with the stove or oven, you just combine the ingredients and go. I brought this to a friends house last weekend and it was gone in like 5 minutes. Next time I’ll have to make a double batch!!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz whipped topping (cool whip), thawed
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, unprepared
- sprinkles for garnishing
- Add whipped topping and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Next add in the cake mix and ⅓ cup milk and stir gently until combined. Dip will be very thick, so add more milk if needed until you get to your desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with sprinkles and whatever dippers you prefer!
So easy, right? I served mine with vanilla wafer cookies and animal crackers, but graham crackers or frosted animal cookies would be a good choice too! You could even serve it with fruit, for a “healthier” option. So next time you are asked to bring a dish, think outside of the savory dip category and surprise your friends with a dippable dessert instead: sprinkle cake dip!