Christmas is my most favorite time of year. It’s so magical and reminds me of being a kid. I love watching my own baby’s eyes light up with every light they see, every craft we do and every present they open. It’s a time full of wonder, imagination, hope, peace and happiness. When you become a parent, this whole time of year becomes centered around the kids, making sure their time is full of happy crafts, activities and joy. We may get one or two things from your spouse or other family, but everyone usually agrees it’s all about the kids- but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have a secret list too! Of course we all want happy, healthy kids and that’s really all we ever want, but we’d be lying if we didn’t say we wouldn’t wish for a few other things, and, ironically, most of what we want probably doesn’t even cost that much, some are even free!
Here’s the top ten things that every mom wants for Christmas:
1. A nap.
2. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night.
3. Being able to sit down to eat.
5. An hour a day to ourselves (just an hour, ok?!!)
6. Never dying tablet batteries.
7. A cleaning lady. (or man either is cool)
8. Peace and quiet.
9. Another nap.
10. Unlimited wine in the fridge (ok, maybe that’s not on EVERYONE’S, but it’s sure on mine!)