I love a lot of things: purses, boots, chai, good music, running shoes….most of these things I have loved for a long time. Being a mother has made me realize I love other things as well- things I could have cared less about BEFORE I was a mom. Some of them are so dumb, my 20 year old inner self is embarrassed to admit it. My 32 year old current self, though, isn’t ashamed to admit them!
Here are 10 things I didn’t know how much I loved….until I became a mother.
1. Doors, and the ability for me to tell my kids to go in their room and CLOSE them.
2. Disinfecting wipes. I have a strange love affair with these. I have lots of sprays too, but most days, I feel like this:
3. Rechargeable batteries. With the way my kids use their toys- rechargeable is the.way.to.go.
4. Zippered baggies. Need to pack some extra kids clothes? Put them in a baggie. Said kid pees on those clothes? Put them in a new baggie. They are perfect for snacks, wet clothes, and bringing on small bottles of wine into an airplane. Very versatile.
5. Magic eraser sponges. Is there no job these mighty sponges cannot handle? I dare to think not!! They are the equivalent to Mr. Clean and Clorox having a small rectangular baby together.
6. Naps. Enough said.
7. Wine in a box. Not only is it cheaper, but it comes with a spout. A SPOUT people. Wine with a cork??
(want to read MORE about my love of wine in a box? check out this ancient Top Ten list here!)
8. The tuner on the radio, and the ability to fade is ALLLLL the way to the front to front to help drown out the chaos in the back seat.
9. Yoga pants. Perfect for all seasons, occasions and places. Comfy and formal at the same time 😉
10. Caffeine. I didn’t need caffeine until I became a mother. Now I’ll take it in any form I can get: tea, chai, diet dr. pepper, caffeinated crystal light, coffee ice cube banana milkshakes. I probably have a problem, but that’s ok 😉
Ok moms: what did YOU not know you needed until you became a mother?? Fess up! It can’t be worse than zippered baggies 🙂