The kids have three weeks until summer break and then it will be 7 weeks of fun, downtime, and me thinking of creative ways to entertain the peas. I know it won’t be easy…and I’m sure I’ll be missing school by like day three, but the summer should still be fun…nonetheless…
Here are ten reasons why I am looking forward to summer:
1. NO alarm clocks! The peas wake up at the crack of dawn anyways so who needs a dang alarm??
2. Working on our summer bucket list.
3. Watching Jake learn how to swim. Last summer it was Abby’s turn, this summer I will work with Jake.
4. Not having to rush around all day, everyday!
5. Having a family trip…even if it’s only for two nights. I can’t wait to go some place new and make new memories with the fam!
6. Mimosas by the pool.
7. Play date with friends: with AND without the kids!
8. Trying to schedule a mom and dad only day…wine tasting in Sonoita maybe??
9. Getting a tan (my version of a tan)
10. Evening runs….since it’s just too dang hot to run at any time! Running at dusk is my favorite.
One thing I am not looking forward to: THE CONSTANT “SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THE OVEN DOOR” HEAT. yuck!
Just for fun…here are a few pics from last summer!