I know, I know, serving sizes are there for our own good in a futile attempt to try and get me not to eat too much; and I appreciate it- honestly!! There are some foods though, that I am CERTAIN have a mismarked serving size. Here are ten that I think need to be fixed immediately:
1. Wine: 5 ozs?? Come on. No seriously, Mr. Serving Size setter was CLEARLY on something when they set THAT amount!
2. Girl Scout Cookies: 4 cookies?!? What the what? It should be ONE SLEEVE. Or maybe 4 sleeves.
3. Salad Dressing: 2 tablespoons. I need at least 3 on my salad, please!
4. Soup: Half of the can is one serving? Obviously one WHOLE can is ONE serving. Obviously!!
5. Cereal: 3/4 of a cup. Are you kidding? Have you ever measured out 3/4 of a cup of cereal? I have and it’s like toddler size, not regular adult size.
6. Ice cream: 1/2 cup. No way. That wouldn’t even fit on my cone!
7. Pasta: 1/2 cup again!!! OMG there is no way! Times that by 4 and we are more in the ball park.
8. Nuts: 1/4 cup. Like really? That’s like 4 nuts. Why even bother?! (just kidding, I KNOW how healthy nuts are but, come on- 1/4 cup?!?)
9. M & M’s: 10 PIECES. No joke, 10! That’s less than one of those mini Halloween bags! Blah!
10. Wine, again I know- I just can’t get over it! It should be one bottle, in my opinion.
What would you add to the list? Are you as upset about wine as much as me?!?