As we get ready to leave Tucson, I am so happy to be moving to a place with a climate more suited to my taste. I love the trees, seasons, snow, fall and green. I am thrilled to wear my boots and rain boots, sweaters and scarves- but there are a few things about Tucson that I will miss- here are ten of them:
1. First and foremost, I’ll miss our friends– I don’t have many here, but the few I do have are pretty great and I’ll miss them boatloads. Thank goodness for Facebook so we can stay in touch!
2. My babies friends- I know they will make lots of new friends, but I’ll miss these kids here. I love so many of them like they are my own. I’ll miss watching them grow up, I wish I could take them with me <3
3. My kid’s school– I love our school and the relationships we have forged there. I love how I know everyone and feel so comfortable. I am certain I will find that again at our new school, it will just take some time, dedication and serious volunteer hours. I hope they will miss me as much as I will miss them.
4. Monsoon rains– I love the rain and after a sweltering hot summer, it’s always a welcome relief for those rains to come. I always appreciate a good storm and I’ll miss those big rains.
5. The Saguaro Cactus– weird, right? Now I would much rather have huge trees in my yard, but I have a real respect for those tall cactus. After teaching my desert plants and animals unit for 7 years, I really learned a lot about the saguaro and this it’s really an interesting one. I know I am a weirdo.
6. My Target. Again, weird, I know. I forged a wonderful long term relationship with my Target ever since my smallest pea was born. I know all the aisles by heart and know where everything is. I had to say good bye to my favorite Starbucks girl today and she said she was sad and would miss me- and I’ll miss her too!
7. My favorite cheese quesadillas. So I know Tucson is known for it’s fancy Mexican food but, to me none of it tastes as good as a cheese quesadilla from Nico’s- this small rinky dink place more like “fast food Mexican”- but it’s delicious and brings back all sorts of memories from college and our pre-baby days. They are SO good. Yum.
8. The starry night– back east there are so many trees it’s hard to see as many stars. I’ll miss the big starry nights (but I’d still rather have the trees!).
9. My neighborhood roadrunner– We have a big guy that likes to roam the neighborhood and jump from wall to wall. He is adorable and I’ll absolutely miss him sneaking up and down my driveway.
10. Buying wine at the food store– Pennsylvania, like Massachusetts, has weird liquor laws and I guess you can’t buy boxed wine at the food store. I really hate making multiple stops so this will be a pain, but I guess that just means I will have to start stocking up!