If you have kids (and I assume you do or else why would you be reading this?!) then you know that most of the times you try to talk to your kids or ask them to do something for you it’s more often than not, like you are talking to yourself. “Jacob, clean up your room please.” …….crickets……. “Hannah, tell me about your day at school, what did you do?” “Don’t know.” ummmm ok then… “Who made this mess?!” Ghost town…. It’s rather annoying. There are plenty of times though, however, that my kids have PLENTY to say to me, and usually it’s at the worst possible times.
Here are ten times that my kids will choose to start a long, in depth, life changing conversation with me:
1. When I just sat down to “relax” (yea right)
2. When I am trying to vacuum.
3. When I enter the bathroom.
4. When I try and read a few pages of my book that I am been trying to read for 6 months.
5. When I am in the shower.
6. When I am doing 300 things at once.
7. When I have a headache.
8. When I am on the phone.
9. When they should be sleeping.
10. When I am sleeping.