Did all of you non-moms realize that there is a unique phenomenon that most moms share? We all eat standing up, like a heard of cattle. Rarely does a mom get to sit to eat her meal, unless of course, it’s date night, and usually then, we eat so fast and have a nervous feeling afterwards like there is something we should be doing but we aren’t sure what. Here are the simple reasons why moms, more often than not, stand to eat instead of sitting like a normal person.
1. Someone always needs a drink.
2. You are too busy wiping up the spilt milk that falls over every night.
3. Someone always needs a new napkin.
4. Someone hates their food and wants cookies instead so you are blocking the pantry like a line-backer.
5. After you finish eating and serving, by the time you sit to eat, the kids are already done and now you have to chase after them- again.
6. If you sit, someone wants to sit on your lap.
7. Everyone fights at who will sit next to you (NO ONE NOW KIDS!)
8. If you sit, someone steals your food off of your plate.
9. Are you really eating anyways????
10. What’s the point, really?