It’s July 1st! That means, we are half way through 2013.
I wanted to share how much we’ve done so far this year, and also some things that I personally want to do better at for the second half!
Mama and Daddy
– We both training and completed the Tough Mudder, a crazy hard but fun obstacle course race. I also completed 5 additional races this year.
– I have ran 440 miles total. My personal goal is to be at 1,000 by the end of the year, so it’s apparent that I need to get some longer runs in. When life gets busy, me time is usually the first to go. This is one thing I will be focusing on for the second half of the year, so I can complete my goal.
– Daddy completed and rocked a difficult work assessment. We are very proud of him!
– We have been making it a point to spend more time together, away from the kids. The most important gift you can give your kids is a happy and strong marriage and to have that, you need to focus on EACHOTHER! We have been trying to have more date nights and have been reminded how important it is to communicate with one another.
– We lost a very important family member this year, Mr. Peas’s older brother Travis. Travis and I were the exact same age, birthdays only being a week apart. The loss has been a difficult one but we are healing and remembering how fragile life is, and how important it is to love one another and live life to the fullest.
– I took a girls trip to Vegas, woot!
– Mr. Pea took a weekend trip to Chicago to visit with his friends.
– We took an awesome and fun mini-vacation to Scottsdale, it was a great time!
– Abby finished 1st grade and will be a second grader in two weeks (what, what??? I’m getting old)
– She completed her first year of CCD, art class and her second go at swim lessons.
– She has become an AMAZING swimmer, getting braver and braver every time we swim.
– She is still an awesome reader and has read 5 chapter books this summer, she would like to read ten by the end.
– Jacob graduated from preschool and will be a kindergartener in two weeks!
– He is getting smarter and smarter every day, really beginning to know more sight words. I have no doubt he will be a proficient reader by the end of kinder.
– He played his first year of t-ball and did wonderful! He tried his best, most times, and made me proud.
– He completed his first session of swim lessons, and while he isn’t swimming completely on his own yet, he is getting SO brave and confident in the water, I have no doubts he will be soon.
– He has rekindled a lost love of Thomas the Train…not quite sure why, but he’s back at making tracks around the house and driving them EVERY WHERE!
– Hannah turned 3!
– She is now 100% potty trained and we have been trying no pull-ups at night. So far so good!!
– She is getting sassier as the days progress, I foresee many a phone calls in my future from school :/
– Speaking of school, Hannah will be starting her first year of preschool in two weeks! Wow, now I REALLY am getting old!
– She is very smart, talking much above her age. She is very interested in books, rhyming words, patterns and puzzles. I am excited to see what she does in school.
– I have almost been blogging for a year.
– I have learned SO many things this year, from blog design and how to make connections with other writers.
– I am working on opening an Etsy Shop to sell all my adorable yarn wreaths. I am hoping to have everything ready by my one year blogoversary.
– I was a featured on Totsy and was SO excited about it. I also guest posted for another blogger. Both of these things are opportunities I would like to do more of in 2013.
– I have branched out socially, making lots of new twitter bloggy buddies and followers and starting my blog Facebook page.
Overall, I think we have had a pretty great year. We have had some ups and downs, like most families, but are better for them. We are strong and committed to one another. We all have ways to improve and have goals.
I am excited to see what the rest of 2013 has in store for us!