Are you a coleslaw fan? I’ve always loved it and this Thai Rainbow Slaw is a spicy twist on the classic American recipe. Crisp cabbage combined with bell peppers come together to make a yummy side to any Thai style meal, or even a light lunch on it’s own. What takes this slaw to the next level is the spicy peanut sauce that is drizzled on top- it is so delicious! This Thai rainbow slaw with spicy peanut dressing is the perfect side dish to your favorite meal!
I’m always looking for yummy side dishes that add more color, flavor and veggies to our meals. This Thai rainbow slaw covers all of those things. And when I say veggies, I mean it. This dish is completely made of vegetables. It’s a super easy way to add more to your day and is absolutely delicious. It’s easy to make too. Honestly you just chop everything up- you can even buy bagged cabbages and save some time- mix the dressing up and it’s done!
One of the best secret ingredients in this slaw is some coconut Thai BLENDABELLA. BLENDABELLA is a wildly versatile blend of diced portabella mushrooms, vegetables and herbs in a ready to use format. There are a few amazing flavors of BLENDABELLA, and this one is packed full of Thai coconut flavors that perfectly compliment the flavors in this dish.
The dressing on this slaw is so easy to make and is packed full of flavor. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and spicy so delicious! It adds such zing to this dish and pairs perfectly with the coconut Thai BLENDABELLA.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded purple
- 1 cup matchstick carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced into matchsticks
- 1 green bell pepper, diced into matchsticks
- 1 cup diced radish
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Coconut Thai BLENDABELLA
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1½ Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp peeled and finely minced ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- Add all salad ingredients to a a medium salad bowl and toss.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and serve immediately.
This Thai Rainbow Slaw is healthy, simple to make and packed full of veggies and flavor. If you want to eat it the next day for lunch (like I did!) then just don’t mix in the dressing until you plan on eating, like you would with a regular salad. I had some the next day at lunch at work and it was AMAZING!!
So the next time you need to bring a dish to a party or are just craving some amazing asian flavors, consider this delicious dish- you will not regret it. If you are looking for some BLENDABELLA to add to your dish, don’t forget to check online to get it shipped straight to you and learn more about them by checking them out online, on Facebook, twitter, instagram and Pinterest!