Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today is a day full of good luck, green beer and partying late- wait. No, no. That was ten years ago. Today is a day of green milk and dancing to Irish music with my kids. It still may be a day of good luck, but my definition of “luck” has changed a bit over the past few years. Pre-kids luck used to mean things like catching an amazing sample sale or designer pair of shoes for a great price- now, it’s quite different. Here are ten times when a mom is really lucky:
1. When all the kids nap at once
2. When you find $5 for a Starbucks
3. When no one comes out of their bed at night
4. When you forget to take something out for dinner but then you realize you had a frozen pizza.
5. When practice gets canceled on the day you really didn’t feel like going.
6. When there is no homework.
7. When you avoid the lice/stomach bug/pink eye epidemic going around at school.
8. When you think you are almost out of wine and then you realize there is enough for TWO glasses!
9. When your kid drops their tablet on the pavement and you pick it up and it’s NOT cracked.
10. When everyone sleeps past 7am- on the weekend.