Do you ever take your kids shopping? Most of us mother’s shop with our kids only out of sheer desperation, like you are completely out of wine and the husband is working late; or perhaps you MUST have them with you to try on school shoes; or maybe they were behaving earlier and you make the mistake of thinking that will continue. OR maybe you have well behaved kids that act like total angels in stores- so in that case- I hate you. MOST of us, though, have kids that don’t always act as well as we would like them too, especially when we are out in public. Often when I am shopping with my kids I have many thoughts- here are ten of them.
1. “Ok, we just arrived- this is going to be ok, I’ll just grab what I need quick and get out of here.”
2. “No, kids, we are NOT getting 3 packages of cookies just because you can’t agree.”
3. “Why did I take these kids with me again??? WHY WHY WHY??”
4. “WHERE ARE THE DAMN COTTON BALLS!?”
5. “Dear God, get me out of here!.”
6. “I need a Starbucks. Stat. Maybe two.”
7. “STOP ASKING ME TO BUY YOU STUFF!!!!!!”
8. “Why can’t every place have a drop off play area like Ikea?!”
9. “This place really should have a bar in it. I need some wine.”
10. “UGGG! I am NEVER DOING THAT again!”
Phew! I am getting stressed out just thinking and writing about this!! Are you like me and have the same thoughts when shopping with you kids?? If you tell me that your kids always behave then we can’t be friends. 😉
What’s your number one thought when shopping with YOUR kids?