I love soup- it’s one of my favorite meals! Yes, even in the summer. I love how I make one giant pot and have lunches for a whole week, it’s great! Lately I have been on a turkey chili kick and this has been my go-t0 recipe. This one pot chili is super easy to make and is very filling. It’s full of protein and has some secret veggies for extra nutrients and it cooks fast too! This super simple turkey chili is really one of my favorites!
This chili could be made with ground beef too, if you’d prefer. I like turkey since it’s lower calorie and fat- and it was also on sale at my store this week. Before eating, I like to top it with a little scoop of sour cream, some shredded cheese and a few slices of green onion.
- small white onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove or a few small ones, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup chicken or beef stock (low-sodium)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground chili powder
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 T dried parsley
- Dice all veggies and sauté in hot olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add in the ground turkey and sauté until brown, adding spices as it cooks
- Add in tomatoes and liquids, bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer until thicker, around 25 minutes, or longer if you want to reduce it more.
- Serve with topped cheese, sour cream and green onions if desired. Can be stored in fridge or frozen for later meals.
What’s your favorite chili recipe? Do you prefer turkey or beef in yours?
Looking for more soup recipes? Check out some of my other favorites!