Like most kids, mine are a HUGE fan of all things Disney. This week we wanted to make some Disney-inspired cupcakes, but I didn’t feel like rolling out the fondant or busting out a bunch of ingredients, so these cupcakes fit the bill: Mickey Mouse+simple ingredients+easy decorations=the perfect short on time weekend cupcake! These cupcakes are also a fun precursor to us getting ready to go and watch Disney on Ice Rockin’ Ever After this week! My girls are getting SO excited to see Ariel and Minnie on ice. Thinking of taking your kids to the show? Here’s all the info you need about when it comes to Tucson!
You can use any cake and frosting recipe you want, I included my basic yellow cupcake and cream cheese frosting recipe at the bottom.
Ice your cupcakes with a piping bag so that way the frosting will have a nice peak, stick two mini oreos in the sides for all the cupcakes, and add two large red (or pink) heart sprinkles for Minnie. Ta-da! You are done! Simple and adorable!
These would be perfect for a Mickey and Minnie birthday party or just when you need some Disney in your life!
If you make them, let me know how it goes! 🙂
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ½ c. softened unsalted butter
- 1 c. self rising flour
- 2 T milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill half full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
Basic Cream Cheese Frosting: (frosts 12 cupcakes, double the recipe for a whole cake)
1/2 c (one stick) softened unsalted butter
1- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 T. vanilla extract
4 c. (1/2 of a bag) confectioners sugar
– Beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy, add in vanilla
– Mix in butter and beat on medium for 3 mins.
– Add sugar in 1 cup at a time, until the frosting is light and fluffy.