Fall is finally here and it is, by far, my most favorite season! I just love the cooler weather, crispy leaves and cozy sweaters. I love to start off this season by filling my house will all of my favorite fall decor- and I have quite a bit of it! There’s just something about all of those orange rustic pumpkins and burlap wreaths that just make my heart happy. Tackling those decorations can be quite a challenge though- but thankfully I have my arsenal of Swiffer cleaning products to help have a clean slate before I decorate. Swiffer saves me so much time in fact, that I can finish with my decorating quickly and get some time in the kitchen to make one of my most favorite fall treats- these delicious pumpkin spice cream cheese muffins!
Fall is so fun to decorate for. I have, no joke, probably 8 totes full of fall decor that I put up every year. Oodles of plaid, burlap, and orange makes my house feel so happy and cozy- but before I can put any of my fun items, I first have to clean!
I don’t dust as often as I should, and It definitely shows once I start moving decor around to add new things! Thanks for my super easy to use Swiffer dusters, I can quickly clean up the dirt, dust and dog hair so I can put down my pretty pumpkins and apples without adding to the mess.
My Swiffer duster helps to trap and locks 2X more dust than a feather duster on virtually any surface for a super great clean in no time. It’s so simple to rid my home of all of that yucky dust so my fall items can have a nice clean place to sit. Same goes with my floors.
No one wants to put pretty quilted pumpkins on a dirty floor- so thanks to my two favorite flooring tools, I can quickly clean up my hardwood so I can decorate! I always start off using my Swiffer Sweep + Vac to get rid of all the crumbs, dog hair and dirt off of the floor in one quick motion. Rechargeable & cordless, this sweeping system combines a powerful vacuum with a sweeping cloth that digs deep to pick up big and small messes, even from textured grout lines and crevices. It literally is my number one cleaning tool! My WetJet finished up the floors by making them all shiny and clean quickly an without a mop and bucket. It’s great on virtually any floor surface and the special cleaning solution loosens dirt and lifts it off the floor, pulling dirt and grime into the WetJet pad and locking it away for good.
Thanks to Swiffer, cleaning up before and after I decorate can be done quickly and easily. Then I can channel my fall love into a kitchen project- like baking these delicious pumpkin spice muffins!
Nothing creams fall more than anything pumpkin spice, and these muffins are literally fall in a muffin pan. They are made with simple ingredients and are burning with the flavors of fall: pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. They are easy to make and even have a yummy surprise middle filling.
Each of these pumpkin spice muffins has an ooey, gooey cream cheese center that makes them extra special. They aren’t overly sweet either, which means that these muffins can be a dessert or breakfast treat!
- For the topping:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- For the filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons room temperature cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For the muffins:
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup natural apple sauce
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the streusel topping first by combining the ingredients in a small bowl until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Set aside.
- Next, make the cream cheese filling. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Place it in the fridge while you make the muffins..
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin ingredients wet ingredients first and then the dry, being sure they are completely combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 2 tablespoons of batter then add a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to each muffin. Top the muffins evenly with the remaining batter, about ¾ way full. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the cream cheese glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the cooled muffins.
So if you love this season as much as I do, it’s time to invest in some Swiffer cleaning products so you can prep your area so it makes decorating that much easier! Get rid of the dust, dirt, and pet hair quickly and easily so you can spend less time cleaning and more time living- and eating. Eating things like these scrumptious pumpkin spice cream cheese muffins!
Do you love fall as much as I do?? What is your most favorite part of this time of year?
This post was sponsored by Swiffer. All opinions are 100% my own.