Are you looking to combine your love of pb & j’s with your love of cookies?? Well, this delicious treat fits the bill. By joining the taste of peanut butter and jelly in a soft, fluff cookie, this treat will leave your kids (and yourself!) asking for a few more. Not only are these cookies delicious but they are incredible easy to make and use only 6 ingredients. These PB & J cookies are perfect for a weekend treat or an afternoon snack and are so easy to make you can actually let your kids help you!
The fun part about these cookies is that they do not use regular peanut butter and jelly, but instead draw their flavors from everyone’s favorite cookie ingredient: CANDY! Reese cups are combined with scrumptious Ghirardelli raspberry chocolate squares to get that PB & J taste.
One of the biggest tips with these cookies, and most cookies for that matter, is to be sure the dough is chilled before baking. This helps to ensure your cookies don’t spread out too much in the pan and give you one large flat cookie instead of 12 nice round ones!
I like to use my cookie scoop when dishing out the balls. This way i know that all of my cookies will remain the same relative size and shape when cooking. It also allows for more even baking.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c chopped Reeses Cups
- ½ c chopped Ghirardelli raspberry chocolate squares
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, melted butter and vanilla and combine well with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Chop up your candy and toss in the batter, stirring gently.
- Refrigerate your cookie dough for 15-20 minutes to chill it before baking.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and using a cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough onto the sheet, placing them 1-2 inches apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 25 cookies
My kids were thrilled to find these as an after school snack and were already requesting for me to stick a few in their lunch box for “dessert”. I love how these are a nice change from your average chocolate chip or jelly thumb print cookies- Yummy!