Thank you to Viva and Walmart for sponsoring this post! With three kids, we use A LOT of paper towels, so the love I feel is all my own.
Do you have kids? Yes? Of course you do, or else you probably wouldn’t be reading this! Kids make messes, all.over.the.place. I swear I cannot remember the meal where someone didn’t make some kind of mess! Trying to avoid the re-spreading of germs all over the place, my go-to cleaning up method is paper towels. Recently I have fell in love….with a paper towel. Sorry, old brand, I am breaking up with you and your weakness. I am moving on to bigger and better things. I am moving onto Viva Vantage!
Viva Vantage are the newest paper towels from Viva…and they are pretty amazing! What I love about them is their durability and scrubability power! I’m sure that’s not even a word, but I think it should be. They are designed with a stretchy nature which gives them more flex so they can scrub better than your average paper towel. They are made with a revolutionary V-Flex* Weave, which provides stretch that helps deliver great scrubbing power and has great scrubbing power for everyday messes. They also can ABSORB like no bodies business so you can use less paper towels to do a job, which saves you money and time!
So we all know that Viva Vantage paper towels are perfect for cleaning up everyday messes, big AND small, but did you know that there are many other, more unique uses for these babies?? Here are 5 alternative uses for paper towels, beyond the spills:
1. Keep your cast iron pans lasting longer // After you are done using them, wipe down your pans with paper towels to remove oil and food. Storing them with paper towels stacked in-between them will help to ensuring that they won’t get rusty.
2. They make the perfect companion to your compost pile // Paper contains a lot of carbon, and that makes it great to add to your compost pile. After you’ve used a paper towel, throw it into your compost pile and it will help maintain the carbon balance in your compost and aerate it.
3. Keep your greens and herbs fresher longer // My husband is ALWAYS on me for not using produce in a timely fashion so this use is perfect for Moi. By adding in a moist paper towel into your produce bags, they will help to holds moisture in an to maintain a comfortable humidity level, without keeping the greens damp and allowing them to start rotting. WOW!
4. Revive your bread // I always like to keep a loaf of bread in the freezer, just in case, but hate when you thaw it out and it gets all soggy and such. Try adding a Viva Vantage paper towel sheet into the bread bag before you freeze it, and it will help absorb extra moisure so when you thaw it out, you will have fresher bread!
5. Also….revive your brown sugar! // Brown sugar can get hard in between use if it is exposed to air. If you are getting ready to bake and are horrified to find your sugar is all hard and yuck, throw it in a bowl and cover it with a damp Viva Vantage paper towel and leaving it overnight. Come the next morning, your brown sugar will be fresh again!
Are you tired of your old paper towels letting you down time and time again?? Join me in breaking up with my old paper towels that fall apart instead of getting the job done and head on over to your local Walmart and try the all-new Viva Vantage Paper Towels! With so many awesome uses, I am very glad I picked up the jumbo pack and that I know that Viva Vantage® and Walmart are here to help make your cleaning jobs and everyday messes easier!