One pot pastas are some of my most favorite meals to make. First of all, pasta is one of those rare things that everyone in my house will eat. No matter what the weather, I can whip up a filling meal for my whole family and have little complains about it- which is a very rare occasion in this house when it comes to dinner time! Out of all pasta recipes, one pot versions are my absolute favorite ones to make because they are SO easy. The base recipe is usually the same and it’s easy to change up what you add in to make it new and different each time. This one-pot creamy Tuscan garlic pasta is so simple to make and is truly delicious. Chock full of veggies and with a rich garlic flavor, it’ll soon be a new family favorite that you’ll be glad to add to your rotation.
For a busy night, I think one-pot meals are the way to go. They cook up quick and use less dishes which is a win-win in my book! Some nights with practices and school we have very little time to cook and eat dinner. If I am being honest, some of those nights I’ll choose something quick like sandwiches or breakfast for dinner- but sometimes we are in the mood for something more filling, and that’s when I’ll choose a dish like this.
Most one pot pastas have the same base as one box of pasta plus four cups of liquid. I usually use chicken or beef stock as the primary liquid and substitute some of it for cream or half and half if we want a creamy sauce- just like I did in this dish. The addition of the cream makes this dish the perfect comfort food. It’s easy, creamy, cheesy pasta made in ONE POT. It doesn’t get simpler or more delicious than this pasta dish right here! Consider this the answer to weeknight dinner mayhem – a dish everybody loves with almost zero prep and cleanup and less than 30 minutes of cooking time.
One short cut I use this pasta to get maximum flavor with little effort is to add in some Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA. BLENDABELLA is a wildly versatile blend of diced portabella mushrooms, vegetables and herbs in a ready to use format. There are a few amazing flavors of BLENDABELLA, and this one is packed full of rustic Italian flavors that perfectly compliment this Tuscan pasta.
BLENDABELLA is a very clean and easy way to add in a mushroom flavor to your dish without all of the chopping! The Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA is made with fresh portobello mushrooms, bell peppers, and tons of Italian flavors and adds so much zing to this pasta.
- 12 ounces pasta (I used whole wheat farfalle)
- 1 cup Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA
- 1 whole roasted red peppers (or contents of half of one jar), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup sun dried tomato pesto (jarred is great!)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to large pot and let heat up. Add in onion and cook for 2-3 minutes and then garlic for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add pasta, BLENDABELLA, red peppers, onion, spinach, Italian seasoning, salt, water, Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes or until almost all of the water is absorbed and noodles are completely cooked and tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan and continue to stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens and noodles are coated.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper, additional parmesan cheese and serve.
This Creamy Tuscan Garlic Pasta cooks up in less than 30 mins and has tons of flavor. Serve on it’s own, or with some bread and a side salad to balance it out. If you have more time, some grilled chicken would be fantastic as an added protein. If you are looking for some BLENDABELLA to add to your dish, don’t forget to check online to get it shipped straight to you and learn more about them by checking them out online, on Facebook, twitter, instagram and Pinterest. It’s a great pantry staple that will find tons of use for in no time!
Are you a fan of one pot meals? Share your favorite below!
Looking for more BLENDABELLA recipes? Check out this Rainbow Thai Slaw and Mexican Street Corn Salad!