2014 is almost upon us and I, for one, am overjoyed. Both 2012 and 2013 brought some sadness and loss and, although no one can predict the future, I am feeling very optimistic about 2014. I am hoping some big changes are coming down the line for our little family and I cannot be more excited about the prospects! I won’t be saying what those changes may be yet, but when they happen (and I know they WILL) I will share that later! For now, I’d like to take stock in 2013, see how I did with my previous New Year’s resolutions, and make some new ones.
Last year, I made a list of 10 things I wanted to work on, here’s how I did:
1. Lose 10 lbs- ummmmm, nope; but I came pretty close! I shall keep working on this in 2014 as well
2. Run 3x a week- I has set a personal goal of trying to run 1000 miles in 2013, although, for varying reasons I didn’t meet that I did run a total of 895 miles! I think that’s pretty darn good. I also ran in 10 different races. I’d like to continue that trend in 2014.
3. Drink more water- check! (most days)
4. Work on making freezer meals- NOPE haha, I have been wanting to do this for like 3 years, hopefully I’ll eventually get the hang of that.
5. Go to Disney with the kids- we decided to go home to Massachusetts instead and it was THE.BEST.DECISION.EVER. I am so glad we made that trip- Disney can wait 😉
6. More date nights, 7. More pics with my kids, 8. Blog more often- check, check, check!
9. Be more patient- I think so, but this is always something I will have to strive for, since being a mommy is always challenging
10.Focus on everyday blessings- This I think I did, up until these last few months. The last few months have been hard being away from my family and other issues that have come up; some of which made me just want to crawl in a hole and stay there, but I am renewing my focus here and also adding a new spin on it for 2014.
So for 2014 I will be working on the following:
** Continuing to make ME a priority by making sure to find time to work out and take care of myself. I’d still like to lose a few pounds (who doesn’t) and make sure I am pampering myself a smidge, like a new face mask or nail polish. Happy wife happy life, eh?!
** Continuing to make husband and wife time with date nights. Finding a baby sitter is hard for us, but I will be on the hunt for a reliable one ASAP! Now that my peas are “older” I feel ok with finding someone ‘non-family’ to come over so mama and daddy can do dinner and a movie. This is something I’d like to do at least once a month.
** Read more. My friend last year had a New Year’s resolution to read a new book once a month and I thought it was a great idea, except I KNOW I cannot do that, so I’d like to read a new book every two months, which I think is do-able. I missing reading!! I really love a good book. Read a great book lately? Leave me the title below!
** Continue to grow my blog- 2013 brought such HUGE growths in the little blog and I couldn’t be prouder!! Mostly because I did it on my own, with no help. December brought me the most page views and unique visitors EVER and I am ecstatic about that! That tells me that what I am doing is working. Ever since I stopped teaching, everything was about the kids, now this is for ME (even though I mostly blog about them!) I am so excited to see what 2014 brings! I recently won a new blog redesign package from The Pixel Boutique and I couldn’t be more excited about it!! So look for a new, fresh blog design in the beginning of 2014 🙂 Yay yay yay
** Out with the negative and in with the positive: This is my biggest goal. At the latter half of 2013 I really let other people affect how I viewed the world. For 2014 I plan on eliminating this. If someone doesn’t contribute positively to my life then they will be left by the wayside. 2012 and 2013 really has reminded me of how short and precious life is and I am not about to be bogged down by other people’s crap and nonsense. I’m moving on up! 🙂
So there you have it, my new goals for 2014. Although 2013 had it’s ups and downs, I learned a lot about myself and other people so I will chalk 2013 as a “learning” year and will make 2014 my “growing and changing” year.
What are your New Year’s resolutions??? I’d love to hear them so share some below!