We all know about Murphy’s Laws- things that can go wrong, will go wrong. The day you wear your cutest new shoes, it will rain. The one time you need a quarter, you will only have a penny. Well, parenting is no exception. Things that can go wrong usually do at one point or another. We are not alone in this, it happens to all of us. Here are my top ten Murphy’s Laws for parenting (it was hard to limit it to ten):
1. As soon as you leave the house, someone will have to go potty, no matter if you asked them to go before you left or not.
2. Speaking of pee, the moment you sit down to pee, the whole household will need something- IMMEDIETLY!
3. You kids will fight more on the days when you had less sleep.
4. When one gets sick, they will ALL get sick, no matter how many tubs of Lysol disinfecting wipes you use.
5. Your kids will fight with each other but will finally get along and be besties, 5 minutes before bed.
6. The day you forget to repack your bag with extra clothes is the day you kid will have an accident.
7. The more thought you put into a meal and the more you prep it, the less your kids will eat of it.
8. When you go through your kids toys and finally get rid of one that he/she hasn’t played with in forever, they will ask for it later that day.
9. When you pack for a trip, you remember everything AND the kitchen sink, but will forget something simple like diapers, or undies.
10. Your child will pee the bed ONLY after you spent all day washing ALL the bedding.
When days like this happen…there is only one solution:
What can you add to the list?? I know you have more to share! There’s plenty of wine to go around 🙂