This week we had the opportunity to attend Monster Jam and it was SO much fun! If you’ve never been, Monster Jam is a series of very cool monster trucks doing tricks, races and jumps all for your viewing pleasure. My kids, especially my 7 year old son, could NOT wait to go! This was our second time attending and the kids were full of anticipation even before we went!
When we arrived, they could barely contain themselves! We were seated a bit early, which I would recommend, since it gave you a few minutes to see the “before” show of ATV’s racing and some fun remote control cars. When the show was about to get started, we got our ear protection on which is a must have for all aged kids (I even wore ear plugs!!). It is so loud in there, so be sure to protect your little one’s ears with some sound reducing headphones. We had the opportunity to borrow some, but I know they do sell them at Walmart and also any local music store (think: drummers!)
The show started off full of excitement, with all trucks racing out, instantly showing us some neat tricks. The show consisted of a series of races and mini-shows, all leading up to the freestyle time at the end. The trucks were so neat and jumped so high! I thought they were going to flip over! I always get nervous at this kind of things but the kids LOVED it.
We had great seats and were right up next to the action. It was so fun to see the trucks up close! Each truck was decorated in a fun way. Their favorites were the Scooby Doo truck, the McGruff Crime Dog truck, Zombie, and, of course, Grave Digger!
This show is great for boys or girls, and kids of all ages.
It’s really exciting to see all of the maneuvers they can do. Be sure to stay till the end of you have a die hard fan because I heard the drivers give autographs to kids! How cool would that be?!
If you are looking to go see Monster Jam with your kids, be sure to follow these tips:
– Bring ear protection for everyone! You WILL need it. I don’t think there is a recommended age for kids to come or not, but just know that it is extremely loud, so take that into consideration if you are thinking of bringing a younger kid.
– Bring water for your kids, everything is usually expensive, so it’s nice to save a few dollars on drinks. Save your money for a special treat like cotton candy or popcorn.
– Arrive early to avoid the crowds and to see the before show.
– Stay late for a chance for autographs.
– The toys are quite expensive, so you may want to pick some up at Target before you go, so you don’t spend a fortune while you are there!