Looking for a new and tasty dip to bring to your next get together? Look no further! If you love the flavors of traditional greek food, then you will really love them all combined in this super easy to make dip. This Layered Greek Dip comes together in just a few minutes and is delicious! It has all the flavors you love and won’t cause you any head ache in the kitchen.
Traditionally, dips are one of my most favorite foods, but most are laden with extremely heavy ingredients and not very healthy. In the summer I love to have something a little lighter and tend to crave fresher ingredients, and this dip checks off both of those boxes. Creamy hummus and greek yogurt layered with lots of fresh veggies- my layered greek dip is perfect for summer!
The last party I went to I brought this dip and it was gone almost immediately! Everyone was asking for the recipe, and were all expecting me to say how difficult it was- boy were they surprised when I said just how easy it was to make! The only prep to this dip is the chopping and you definitely don’t have to turn on the oven!
I like to serve mine with pita chips, to keep it more “traditional”, but you could serve it with whatever you have- even more veggies! It’s great with carrot and celery sticks for a low carb option too. The trick to this dip is to be sure you use kalamata olives- they have the best greek flavor! I like to get some at the olive bar at my local grocery store. Since you can get by the pound, you only grab what you need so they don’t cost as much and are packed full of flavor!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) container garlic hummus (or any other flavor you like!)
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a pie plate or serving bowl.
- Next spread each hummus containers on top of cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top.
Yummy and easy, right? Just layer your hummus mix with all these fresh veggies and top with feta and a drizzle of olive oil and you are good to go. You can make it early and keep it in the fridge until later, unlike traditional baked dips- so it’s a real time saver. Be sure to give this dip a try before summer is over and wow your guests at your next party! They’ll love it! (be sure to bring a kid friendly dip too, like this sprinkle cake dip!)