This marks the end of the second week of the kids summer break. This week was harder than last :/ But I did have lots of happies too!
Here is my week in a glittery gold nut shell.
– I got to see my friend Courtney twice so far this week! We started our week by her allowing me and the peas to invade her community pool and swim and sip on the margaritas. The kids and mom had a blast.
We also got to FINALLY go on that double date we have been planning for ages. We went downtown and had some delicious food and cocktails. Courtney’s hubby’s drink had Pop Rocks…now what is more fun than that!! We all had a blast and are already planning our next date.
– The kids completed their first week of swimming lessons and both did great. My oldest is a pretty decent swimmer now but she was working on her floating and strokes. My son was still in floaties before this and these lessons are really helping build his confidence so he can learn to swim without them. We went swimming mid week at their grandma’s house and he practiced for a while without them and did pretty good! I’m confident that he’ll have it down by the end of the summer.
– I was one of the two Happies and Crappies Essie winners this week!! I was SO excited and that news made by day yesterday. Essie is my fav nail polish and this is the first blog giveaway I have actually won!
– I finally got my pictures on a plan. Huh? You may be asking. Well, I was irrationally stressing for almost a year on what to do with all the pictures I take of the kids. In the past, I just did it the traditional way: take the pics, order prints and put in photo albums. This was more expensive and the albums take up so much space. Also, after each event, I was falling behind and realized I hadn’t ordered any prints since the middle of LAST school year. Then, I also wasn’t backing the pics up, which was something I knew I should be doing. This week I finally began to tackle this problem by first organizing the picture folders on the computer by season and then I decided to go the more modern route and making photo books, which many of my friends do. I decided to make one for every season and then an additional one for Christmas, so 5 a year. These take up WAY less space and can actually fit a lot of pictures if you organize them properly. I made 3 this week and they are on their way. I have 3 more to make and then they will all be up to date! I am anxiously awaiting my next coupon code to get the last ones done so I can enjoy looking at all the kids pictures and stop stressing about it! I also got some blank discs to back the pictures up on. This was a HUGE de-stressor for me, if you can believe it!
– The kids seemed to be at each others throats more this week and fighting constantly. I didn’t have as much free time as I would have liked to work on blog stuff, so that made me stressed, which made their bickering that much more aggravating. Today and tomorrow I have no real plans so my goal is to try and get ahead so I can refocus on our summer of fun. We’ve been crossing some of the smaller things off our list and I’ll have to choose some more fun ones for this week.