Yay! Happy Friday all! Happy same-as-every-other-day to all the mama’s out there.
This week was busy but not in the exciting type of way. Last weekend was the most fun so I will start there 🙂
– Last weekend Mr. Pea and I went to a wine harvest festival in Sonoita. Sonoita is about 45 minutes south of here and is really very pretty by Arizona standards. We toured the winery, got a schooling on red vs. white, had some food parings and drank oodles of different, local wines. It was fun and we were kid-free so it was even better. I’ve always wanted to go to ones of these wineries so I was thrilled when the opportunity presented itself. Now I want to go back 🙂
We stopped at two local watering holes, if you will, on our way back; both equally fun and filled with local charms.
– I wrote a post a ways back about my son’s RTA. (you can read that post here.) He has been taking the same medication since he was 9 months old and become a part of daily life. Yesterday at his nephrologist check-up, his doctor suggested we take him off his medication for a week and he how he does! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous! We will have to get his blood drawn next week (which is a bummer because he just had it done yesterday) to see how his levels are. He may not be ready yet, but it’s interesting to his if he is! Next Friday, I’ll be able to update you on how it went.
– I survived this busy week, which is a happy on it’s own. Two dentist appts, one doctor apt, one blood draw, a PTSA meeting, and miscellaneous errands. Today we will be having a visit from Abby’s teacher (Vail has “home visits” where all the teachers come to visit the kids at home once) and later we will be going to the school’s first family event, a sock hop! What does one do at a sock hop? I don’t know, but I will find out tonight.
– I have ZERO plans for Saturday so I am very thankful for that. I have lots of things to catch up on. Sunday will be the usual with church and swimming, so it will be a nice and normal weekend.
– Twice this week my pins were picked as part of the top three on Creative Geekery and on Six Sisters Stuff. I was beyond honored and so incredibly excited. I am thrilled that people are actually wanting to read my stuff and that I am getting better at making “pinnable images”. (happy, happy and more happy!)
– I got to help in my son’s kinder class this week! I LOVE helping in the classroom, so much fun 🙂
– With Mr. Pea and I doing p90x, I haven’t had the easiest time fitting in running. I only ran once this week, but plan on getting on the treadmill after the kids are off to school today! How do balance kids, wifery, cleaning, PTSA jobs, blogging AND fitness?!? If I could figure that out I’d be a millionaire.
– sweaty workouts with my hubs
– wine, wine and more wine
– watching my son do so well in his class
– being recognized as a good blogger (finally!)
– little to no crappies 🙂
– donuts (I had one from Dunkin Donuts, yummers)
How was your week?? Tell me all about it!