It’s Friday again!
Last Friday I wrote this letter to my 20 something self, and although more letters will be coming soon, this Friday I thought I’d do a weekly recap.
This was my kids third week of school so we are getting nice and settled into our new routine.
– All three peas are loving school and doing very well. The girls have made new friends and are enjoying playing with them. Jacob hasn’t met anyone yet, but I am hoping he will soon. He’s always been fine with just playing on his own, so I don’t think it’s a priority for him.
– Mr. Pea and I had a fun date night downtown. We ate dinner and had a few drinks at a new place we hadn’t been to.
I love trying new places! We had drinks at Scott & Co. and it had this 20’s speakeasy vibe to it. The gentlemen were mixing cocktails with liquors I had never heard of. Also, everyone was older than us…it was interesting!
I made Mr. Pea take a picture of me in front of the angel wings…because I’m always such an angel! 😉
– Jacob is doing well in school and I couldn’t be prouder! He is an excellent listener and always is on green (ready to learn), pink (outstanding) or purple (even better than outstanding!) He is being a great student. He is also doing well with his homework. As a mom, I felt guilty when he went into kinder not reading as much as Abby was nor printing as well. :/ But I am glad he is catching on quickly and is learning new words everyday! He also was brave enough to take the bus to school with his big sis yesterday. I drove to school to meet him and see how he felt and later he told me that when he saw me “he realized that he didn’t need me there.” A bit bittersweet to hear, but I long for my peas to blossom into happy and independent kids, rather than stay babies forever.
– Last night I got to have dinner with a long-lost friend. We used to work together at Starbucks in college and hadn’t really talked in a while. We finally found an evening and got to meet and catch up! So much had changed in our lives and it was great to just sit, talk, and listen. We decided that we won’t wait so long before we get together again! 🙂
– Mr. Pea and I decided to start p90x again and am on week 2. It’s been nice to get into a routine again with it, and now I just need to figure out a way to add running into my ever-filing schedule! I’m also thinking I should find and sign up for a fall race ASAP so I have something to train for.
– My youngest pea had been feeling under the weather the past few days. She had to miss school yesterday 🙁 Poor muffin! Hopefully she’s feeling better asap!
– Hannah was playing dress up in my closet the other day and comes out wearing heels and carrying a purse. At closer inspection, I realize that it was my mom’s purse that I kept and was keeping in my closet. I said to her that it was Mimi’s purse and she asked me if she had met Mimi. My mom passed a year ago when she was 2 and knew her well then, but I knew there would come a point when she wouldn’t really remember her. As much as this made me sad, I know I will always have the memories of her and Mimi playing together and I’ll just keep reminding her of those as she grows. <3
My Friday Favorites:
– date nights with the hubby
– fancy drinks they would serve at Wimbledon
– having an occasion to not only get dressed BUT put on jewelry AND makeup!
– watching my son become such a big, independent boy
– cuddling on the couch with my youngest
– reconnecting with old friends
– memories of my mama
How was your week?? I hope more happies than crappies!