Happy Friday Everyone!!
This Friday I am switching up my normal Friday share with some extra sparkly goodness 🙂
Dear Abby, I am so excited you make a friend right away in school. You are such a smart and loving girl and I know you will rock 2nd grade. Dear Jacob, I still can’t believe you are in kindergarten! I love how you are learning to write all your letters neatly and all the rules of the classroom. You are my smart baby boy. Dear Hannah, I love how much you loved your first week of preschool! You are so amazing, caring and helpful. I just can’t wait to see all the super-duper awesome things you will do this year. <3 Dear Mr. Pea, Thank you for being my husband. Marriage has it’s ups and downs and I am thankful to tackle these with you. You will always be my best friend. Dear Tire place, Thank you for repairing the slow leak in my tire and not making us buy a new one…because that would have stunk. Dear Knee, thank you for holding up for me to take a few quick runs. Hopefully I can get back on track next week 🙂 Dear Twitter, You helped me gain lots of new traffic and followers for my blog this week! I honestly don’t know what I did without you.
All my favorites and happies:
– that all three peas enjoyed their first week of school…and that I survived getting up everyday and them out the door time!
– my morning runs with Mr. Pea. It was nice to get out together…even for a bit.
– my quiet “mom only” time.
– I am FINALLY feeling caught up on the blog! I mean, I still have a never ending to-do list, but it’s small and feels manageable. I think I am getting the hang of this! 🙂
– My favorite mail was getting a surprise from Stephanie @ The Vintage Modern Wife and Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk from a giveaway I had won ages ago. I got two new bottles of Essie nail polish! Both colors were so gorgeous, I couldn’t decide which to pain on my toes so I did both…and a few other colors! Why not, I thought 🙂
– My favorite night was Wednesday- Mr. Pea and I had an at-home date night. We made homemade face masks, leg scrubs and soaked out feet. We watched a movie and just were together. It was nice and well needed.
And unfortunately, I had a crappy…
I had a “slap-you-in-the-face” reminder of how critical communication is between two people. It’s never good to just always go with the flow and settle for the mundane. It’s important to listen, talk, share and listen some more in every relationship, no matter how big or small. All relationships need work, practice and effort on both sides. I will never forget that again.
How was your week? Share some of your favorite with me below!