I’m always looking for new and fun crafts to do with my kids, especially colorful ones! I had come across this recipe a few years ago when I was teaching and just loved it! Turning marshmallows into paint? Yes please! This paint is 100% non-toxic and is super easy to make. It makes such pretty colors too, almost like water colors.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup marshmallows (regular or mini sized)
1/4 cup water
3 T corn syrup
sticks for stirring
containers for storing
1) Melt the marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. The mallows will expand so use a big bowl.
2) Stir in the water and microwave for an additional 30 seconds and then stir.
3) Stir in the corn syrup and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until it’s smooth.
4) After it cools for a few minutes, pour it into individual containers for coloring. I found it easier to pour it into my large measuring cup and use that to pour since it had the lip for pouring.
5) Add in a few drops of coloring to each container and stir with a popsicle stick.
6) Let the paint cool before your kids use it and be sure to lay down some newspaper before they paint! Yes, it is a bit sticky, but it’s fun.
I love how vibrant the colors are and my daughter just LOVED painting with it! If you store it at room temperature, you can use it for a few days, just be sure to give it a good stir before you use it.
And yes, it’s 100% edible and YUMMY! You’re kids will love painting with it and taking a taste 🙂