This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveThanksBeFull #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is just around the corner- are you ready?? Honestly I am not, BUT I am getting there! Besides for the amazing meal and awesome family company, finding creative ways to use your leftovers can be just as exciting. My kids are big fans of eating things individual sized portions- like in a pita, on a stick, or in muffin form- which is why they are huge fans of these so fun to make Easy Shepard’s Pie Muffins. They combine some of the classic tastes from the traditional green bean casserole we all eat for Thanksgiving and use up some of your leftovers at the same time. It’s a win win!
Mashed potatoes are my favorite food on earth, and while I can’t eat them everyday (hello metabolism), I definitely like to indulge over Thanksgiving. I like to make lots for our big family meal, which usually means I have some leftovers. This recipe is a great way to use some of them up so they don’t go to waste.
Like most Shepard’s Pie recipes, this one uses ground beef as it’s base, but you certainly could use ground turkey or even chicken as well. The meat combined with fresh herbs and spices begins the base of our muffins. You can use really any veggie you want in these as well- for this one, I decided to keep it ubër simple and use some of my favorite short on time veggies- a can of Del Monte Blue Lake® Cut Green Beans since they are made with only green beans, water and a dash of sea salt. Ironically my husband ONLY likes green beans when they are canned, so this works perfectly for us. When you combine the meat with some fresh Swanson® chicken broth and the classic green bean casserole ingredient,Campbell’s® cream of mushroom soup, you are off to a great start!
I love using Swanson® chicken broth in my meals since it’s packed with flavor and made from simple, familiar ingredients with no added MSG and no artificial flavors or preservatives. What green bean casserole is complete without some Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup too?? It’s a family favorite for generations and are a quick and easy option for mealtime that will please everyone.
Like almost everything in my house, I always get my Thanksgiving essentials at my local Target. It’s literally my most favorite store and always has everything I need for life and beyond! By using my Cartwheel app, I save even more on my grocery needs too- so then I don’t feel guilty about checking out all of the new cute Christmas decorations they have in stock!!
These little Shepard’s Pie Muffins are easy to make and super fun to eat too- everyone can have their own little serving to eat! When they are topped with a little bit of chopped up French’s Crispy Crispy Onions you take them one step further.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon worchester sauce
- 1 can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Del Monte Blue Lake green beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, leftovers or instant prepared with Swanson chicken stock in replace of water
- 3 tablespoons French' Crispy Fried Onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin pan with double muffin liners.
- Sautee butter, garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes until they are soft.
- Add in the ground beef and spices, cook until cooked through out.
- Add in the cream of mushroom soup and chopped veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the meat mix into each muffin liner and then scoop on 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top each muffin with a little fried onion, bake for 5 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Yummy looking, right?? They are really a great family meal full of wholesome ingredients and don’t take too much time from start to finish. They are also great to eat for lunch the next day too!