If you love Oreo cookies and love cheesecake (like who doesn’t??), I have the perfect dessert for you! This Cookies and Cream Cheesecake is so yummy and ridiculously easy to make. There are no water baths, tin foil tents- or even using the oven. This cheesecake is no bake and just needs to sit in the fridge for a while before you eat it. It whips up in just a few minutes and will be the perfect ending to any meal.
My kids love oreos, like LOVE them. In fact, they are also my husband’s favorite cookie. So the other day when we were having guests over, I was looking around for some dessert inspiration and saw the package and thought that they would make an awesome cheesecake! And, boy, was I right! This cheesecake is very rich, decadent and only made with a few ingredients.
The crust of this cheesecake is one of my most favorite parts. It’s made up of almost entirely of crushed oreos with a little sugar added and some melted butter. This is layered on the bottom of a springform pan, to make it easier to remove later.
The main part of the cheesecake consists of cream cheese, heavy cream (not milk or half and half!), powdered sugar, regular sugar and more crushed oreos. It’s important to use HEAVY cream in this part since you will whip that with the powdered sugar to make some homemade whipped cream, which will be folded into the cream cheese to lighten up the dish.
After the cake is let to set up in the fridge for a few hours (I did overnight), you can top it with even more broken oreos to finish it off. This no bake cookies and cream cheesecake is like a triple layer of cookie goodness and is delicious any time of year, but would be especially great for when you don’t feel like turning the oven on.
- 25 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 16 oz softened Cream Cheese (2 packages)
- 16 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 Oreos, chopped up small
- 6 Oreos, chopped
- Begin by crushing Oreos in a food processor and add melted butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and partway up sides of springform pan. I used the bottom of a round juice glass to help flatten it out. Refrigerate the crust at least 30 minutes to firm.
- White you are waiting, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well mixed, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream and powder sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Fold and blend cream cheese mixture into whipped cream mixture.
- Fold chopped Oreos into filling mixture and then pour/spread mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with crushed cookies if desired.
Pretty simple, huh? I like how this dessert really doesn’t taste like it only took a few minutes to make. It really tastes like a fancy cheesecake that you would have found in a restaurant!