So, I have not been the best blogger lately!! I do have about 10 different things I want to write about, it’s just finding the time to do it! Well, I have been requested to share a delicious recipe from my husband’s family: Nanni’s coffee cake. I was asked to make this the other day by David and after posting a delicious looking photo, I was asked to share. So here goes:
Nanni’s sour cream coffee cake
**note #1: this recipe calls for the use of a spring form pan. I’ve never made it with a different pan, but I suppose you could try one if you don’t have a spring form.
1/4 c milk
1c sour cream
1t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2/3c brown sugar
1/4c brown sugar
**note #2: as with all baking recipes, it’s best to have all butter and eggs at room temp before beginning
– set oven to 350 degrees
– grease and flour a spring form pan very well, I use actual butter, not non-stick spray for this recipe
– mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and soda) and set aside
– cream together butter and sugar. Then add in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and sour cream, alternating till all are mixed well.
– in a separate bowl, mix the filling ingredients together
– pour half of the cake batter in the pan, sprinkle center filling on batter, and then add the rest of the batter on top.
-in a small bowl, mix all ingredients together (I find it easiest to use my hands)
– sprinkle the crumb top on the cake batter
– bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, let cool for 25 minutes before opening the pan.
– sprinkle confectioners sugar on top when cool
Yum! Bake your cake and eat it too!