Today is my youngest daughter’s birthday, my last baby. She is turning a whole 5 years old and I honestly cannot believe it. I swear it was just yesterday she was born as feisty as ever! She is so smart, clever, sassy, independent and hilarious. She will be off to kindergarden this fall and I am still in shock over it- how can that be?!
This year I decided to ask each kid some “birthday interview” questions. Here are her responses, in her own words:
1. How old are you?
I am five!
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. Who’s your best friend?
4. What is your happiest memory?
When it was snowing.
5. Why do you like being a kid?
Because I can do lots of super fun things.
6. One word to describe you would be _______.
What? Oh, ummm I am awesome.
7. What advice would you give your parents?
Please can you give me a hug at night. (I do silly!)
8. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
9. What do you like to do for fun?
watch Stampy and play with Anna
10. Tell me something that is funny.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
12. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
13. What do you love most about your brother and sister?
That they always play with me when I want them to.
14. What is your favorite toy?
My celebration in a bun (a doggy)
15. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
Ummm..be doing lots of work.
16. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Play on the swings
17. What would be the ideal allowance?
18. What is your favorite season?
19. Name something thing you like to do as a family on the weekend.
play in the snow
20. What is your favorite food?
Happy birthday my smallest and last baby. I love you so much. May you always be as independent, funny and quick witted as you are today- and may you not give mama too many gray hairs, which I think you will.
XOXOXO Love, Mama