Today is my oldest daughter’s birthday! She is turning 9 years old and I honestly cannot believe it. I swear it was just yesterday she was born, three weeks early, ready to meet the world! She is so smart, intuitive, caring and always thinks of others. She is quick on her toes and one amazing soccer player. My husband and I are so proud of the big girl she is becoming and can’t wait to see what amazing things she will do in life!
This year I decided to ask each kid some “birthday interview” questions. Here are her responses, in her own words:
1. How old are you?
I am nine!
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. Who’s your best friend?
Anna, Maddy and Lauren
4. What is your happiest memory?
When Dad went on my field trip and he gave me his swiss roll.
5. Why do you like being a kid?
Because I can have play dates with my friends mostly everyday.
6. One word to describe you would be _______.
7. What advice would you give your parents?
Don’t yell but you are awesome and nice.
8. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
9. What do you like to do for fun?
watch Stampy and play with Anna
10. Tell me something that is funny.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
12. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
13. What do you love most about your brother and sister?
That I have a brother and sister and that I am not an only child.
14. What is your favorite toy?
My stuffed dog Brownie Spot.
15. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
Calling people and going out to dinner.
16. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
17. What would be the ideal allowance?
I don’t know, maybe a dollar? Or 50 cents.
18. What is your favorite season?
19. Name something thing you like to do as a family on the weekend.
Playing board games.
20. What is your favorite food?
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Happy birthday my first baby. I love you so much. May you always be as smart and caring as you are today and I hope you always remember to be a strong and independent girl.
XOXOXO Love, Mama