This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
Waking up in the morning can be hard to do- but making yourself a nice, warm cup of coffee can be just the reason to get you out of bed (and of course, the kids bouncing on you too!) Caffeine is a MUST in my diet! Brewing myself a cup of coffee or tea is just what I need to get the energy to begin the day’s tasks. Whether is’s a school day, or a nice lazy weekend morning- there is always something to do. Often I’ll just have some oatmeal or toast for breakfast, but when I am in the mood for a sweeter treat, but one that won’t completely ruin my day- I like bake up some of these homemade baked sprinkle donuts. They are completely delicious, so easy to make and a much better version than the traditionally fried versions- oh yea, and the kids LOVE them. They pair perfectly with a freshly brewed cup of coffee lightly sweetened with my favorite coffee creamer, International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer!
Recently I bought myself a donut pan and it has been one of my most favorite baking items to date! I love, LOVE donuts, but don’t like frying things at home, so here’s where the donut pan comes in handy. This little baby can make almost any of your favorite donut flavors in a lighter version, by baking them instead of frying.
They usually bake up super light and can be topped off with a glaze or frosting- or even left plain- but what’s a donut without the glaze, right? These baked sprinkle donuts combine some of my kid’s (and mine!) favorite flavors: vanilla, donut and sprinkles! They are the perfect breakfast treat- or afternoon snack.
When I am making myself coffee, I’ll admit I like mine sweet and with lots of milk. That’s why I really love the new Simply Pure Creamers from International Delight. There are three flavors to choose from: vanilla, caramel and hazelnut and I equally love the vanilla and caramel. I am sure the hazelnut version is good too, I am just not a hazelnut fan. I love how this creamer adds some milk and sweetness into my coffee- and only had 5 ingredients in it! It uses real milk, cream and sugar and makes my coffee taste like it cam from a fancy coffee shop, but without the hassle of going to get it OR the overpriced price tag!
You can find them in the dairy aisle at Walmart- and while you are there, you can pick up a donut pan if you don’t already have one- so you can make a batch of these yummy baked sprinkle donuts!
These donuts only take 10 minutes to bake and are well worth it. They are the perfect way to add a little sweet into a busy morning, or the perfect addition to a big weekend breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra sprinkles to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- For the donuts: whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and sugar together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or by hand, whisk the milk, yogurt, and egg together until smooth. Add in the melted butter and vanilla, mix well.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles gently.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cups.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing. The glaze will set easier onto cooled donuts.
- For the glaze: combine the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until the glaze is smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a cup with a lipped edge.
- Pour some glaze onto each donut, one by one.
- Transfer each donut to a wire rack over a baking sheet to catch the glaze drippings.
- Once the glaze sets you can top each donut again if you have enough glaze leftover. Sprinkle with additional sprinkles.
Literally when you take them out of the oven and have your coffee brewing, it smells like you are at coffee house. It’s amazing! These donuts are good for a few days in an air tight container, but let’s be honest here, we all know they won’t last one day. I love combining the vanilla flavor in the donuts with either of the Vanilla or Caramel Simply Pure International Delight creamer. Each flavor brings out a different taste in the donuts. These donuts are seriously so good, you may not even want to go and buy any from the donut shop again!