It’s summer time and that means it’s hot and I live in Arizona and THAT means it’s REALLY hot. So hot that I don’t want to turn on the oven, which really puts a kink in my love of baking. If you are having the same issue as me, then this recipe will be music to your ears! These cake batter truffles are not only super simple to make but are NO BAKE! There are no eggs in them so they are ok to eat- and incredibly delicious. So, if your kids are looking for a yummy treat but you are tired of sweating in the kitchen, think of making these yummy truffles for them!
- ½ c. softened unsalted butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 1½ c white cake mix
- 1 T vanilla
- 4 T sprinkles
- ⅛ t salt
- 1-2 T milk (as needed)
- 8 oz almond bark or candy melts
- 1 T shortening
- sprinkles for decorating
- In a stand mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, cake mix, and vanilla. Add in a bit of the milk as needed to get the dough to a consistency that it will stay together and it not too sticky or dry. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Form the dough into balls and set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Set them in the freezer for 30 minutes until they are set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolates on 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Add in the shortening to thin the chocolate.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate and using two forks, ensure that they are completely covered. Remove and set on wax paper to dry. Decorate with sprinkles before they are dry.
- Makes about 20 truffles, depending on the size you make them.
These cake batter truffles were a HUGE hit with my kids, as you can imagine!! I also liked them because they were so small and compact and I didn’t feel too bad for having one or two.
Do you like baking in the summer? What’s your favorite no bake dessert recipe?
Looking for more cake pop love? Check out my Oreo Truffle recipe here!