This past week for teacher appreciation week we had a “apple for the teachers” day so I decided to make these delicious Apple Strudel Muffins for them! These were super easy to whip up and were so soft and yummy. These are perfect for getting rid of a few apples that need to be eaten ASAP!
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ salt
- ½ c unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ t vanilla extract
- 1½ chopped apples
- ½ c natural applesauce
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- 1 T flour
- ⅓ c rolled oats
- ⅛ t cinnamon
- 1 T cold butter (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line your muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the eggs, vanilla and apple sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combined. Mix in with the butter/sugar mix.
- Hand stir in the chopped apples.
- For the topping: stir together all the topping ingredients and use two forks to mix together, top each muffin with a bit of the topping before baking.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Makes 12-14 muffins.
These were super yummy and not too sugary! My kids loved to eat some of the leftovers for breakfast or as an after school snack.
What’s your favorite “apple for the teacher” recipe?
Looking for more muffin inspiration? Check out these: