Looking for a delicious recipe for THE best, soft, snickerdoodle cookie?? I’ve got one to share. This recipe is SERIOUSLY super yummy. These cookies always turn out so soft and chewy on the inside and crisp and cinnamoney (is that even a word??) on the outside. Easy to make and even easier to eat. I normally try and stay away from desserts, but I will say that I had 3 of these cookies yesterday- THREE! You will not be disappointed with these bad boys!
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
** makes approx. 4 dz. 2 in cookies
1 c. softened unsalted butter
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white granulated sugar
2 lg. eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3T sugar & 3 t. cinnamon for rolling
1. preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add eggs in one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mix. Mix well.
4. ****Important step: CHILL the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This helps to keep the cookie’s shape while baking.
5. While the dough is chilling, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for rolling the cookies in and I like to line the cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. This prevents the cookies from sticking and helps them to cook more evenly.
6. When the dough is chilled, I like to use a cookie scooper and make 1 in. balls of dough. Drop and roll them in the sugar and place on the pan 2 in. apart, don’t overcrowd the cookie sheet. Using the cookie scooper prevents you from handling the dough too much, thus helping to keep it cool and prevent it from spreading on the pan when they are baking.
7. Bake 10-11 minutes per batch, remove from cookie sheet right away and let cool on a wire rack.
** I do not bake more than one batch of these cookies at once. Over crowding the oven can cause the cookies to bake unevenly. Also, chill the dough in between when each batch is baking. If the dough gets too warm, they cookies won’t hold their shape.
I am not lying when I say these cookies are SO yummy and soft. The kids love them.