Being a blogger, I have become observant by nature. Every place I am, I’m naturally watching what goes on around me because you never know what will make a great post someday. Since joining my gym a few weeks ago, I have been not only working out, but I have noticed that there seems to be 8 different types of people you see at the gym, and I wanted to share some of those with you today! Think about who YOU think you are.
Here are the basic 8 kinds of people you see when you are at the gym:
1. The Newbie– This was me the first week. You will see them mulling around, often looking confused. They are the ones who also are studying the directions on the workout machine (this is still me).
2. The Overachiever– This is NOT me. These people feel the need to flaunt their abilities, whether valid or not. They may be the ones who takes all the extra weights from the gym into the class room (because obviously THOSE weight amounts are NOT good enough) or will be seen jumping on and off of benches just because.
3. The Lack-of-Coordination– This can be at times too. These are the women or men in classes who stay to the back and really move to their own beat. They desperately try and keep up with the class but are always off from what the instructor is doing. While I am getting better at this, this is the reason Zumba and I don’t really get along.
4. The Worried Mom– These moms will be seen standing around outside of the child care area, worried to death over their kids being ok in the play area. They may or may not even work out. This was **kinda** me the first time I brought my Pea, but thankfully she’s ok with it, as long as I promise to get her some candy or something afterwards.
5. The Strong Guy– Not me. They are seen in the free weight area, looking extremely buff and sweating a lot carrying exceedingly heavy weights. Although I do go into the free weight area, I try and avoid these guys because they just look weird.
6. The Really Good Looking Chick– Obviously not me, I have seen her at my gym- she’s gorgeous and has a body to die for: not too buff and just the right amount of thin. She’s what I dream of looking like. There’s no way she can have kids, right?!? Like no possible way.
7. The Pregnant Chick Who’s Killing It– I have a few of these in my gym and whenever I feel like I am dying in a class, I just look over at her 9 month pregnant belly and think even worse about myself.
8. The Rest of Us– Yes, this is where I fit in: the “normals”. Not as buff as we’d like to be, but trying our best. Probably will never look like the hot chick or the super strong guy. Trying to look like we know what we are doing at all times, possibly wearing headphones.
I have been enjoying my time going to the gym and love the classes- it’s nice to “get away”, even if I know my daughter is in the play area, probably pissed at me for bringing her in there. I shall try and continue to look like that really good looking chick, even though I’ll probably never look like that because I’ve had kids and I know she hasn’t- there’s REALLY no way she has….nope.
What type of people of the gym are you??