Summer is upon us and that means lazy days, late nights and not as much learning. While my kids don’t have any “required” assignments over the summer, I like to be sure they don’t fall behind by allowing them opportunities to continue their learning through out the summer. Learning doesn’t have to be a bad word for kids, especially if you allow them the use of technology to do it! Most kids absolutely love using tablets, computers and video games, so why not harness this love and allow them to use technology to find activities that will not only be fun but also engage their brains?
Our new Intel Stream 7 tablet has been an absolute life saver when it comes to learning. Since it’s so compact and light, only weighing 12 oz and still having a huge 7 inch screen, it’s so easy to take on the go- whether it’s on a road trip or just to the library down the street. The powerful internal Intel Processor, it makes surfing the web easy and fast with little downtime when downloading apps or songs. I really love the how the Windows screen lets you save your most used apps and sites right on the front, so even my 5 year old can find what she is looking for easily. So if your kids are reluctant to do anything this summer that involves “learning”, here are 5 simple and fun ways to use technology to keep your kids brains active this summer- with our them even knowing it!
1. Reading- With the endless possibilities of books available to download on the internet, you can really make learning fun by allowing them to read on a tablet sometimes instead of just with regular books.
2. Apps- This is a no-brainer. There are more apps out there than stars in the sky so this no excuse to use some of these to keep your kids busy learning while having fun this summer. Search by your child’s age or grade level and subject to find a wide array of math, science, reading or brain puzzle games that will be so fun for them, they won’t want to stop!
3. Crafts- Pinterest, anyone? Use everyone favorite searching site to load up on fun crafts or diy projects to do. You can create a secret board for your child and allow them to pin activities that look fun to do on those days when you hear “I’m bored mom!”
4. Recipes– I already mentioned how I have been using our Intel Stream 7 tablet in the kitchen, so why not allow your kids to find fun recipes to try out? Tell them your ingredients and allow them search for a fun recipe or maybe find one for some homemade popsicles. Either way, I can guarantee that you have a better chance of them eating it if they feel like they were involved in the process of choosing it.
5. Research– Does your child love animals, sports or bugs? Allow them to research and learn about their favorite subject by navigating the web to learn more. Use a site like Kidtopia, which is a Google run page that is speciafically designed to keep kids safe on the internet, but still allowing them access to learn about their favorite subject.
So this summer, kick boredom to the curb by harnessing your child’s love of technology and using it to allow them to grow their brains with these 5 fun ways to motive them to learn! I know we have and it’s been a HUGE hit!
What are your favorite apps for you child to learn on?
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.