Keeping a clean and organized house isn’t easy (especially with children!) but thankfully, there are lots of ways to make it a little simpler. I love finding organizing tricks or “hacks” that can make a difficult job a little easier, and I figured you did too! On that note, today I am sharing 25 easy organizing tricks you have to try- they are surprisingly simple and fast to do and will make quite a difference in beginning to turn your house from a messy one to one that’s a little easier to find what you are looking for.
Some of these ideas are just tricks that will help organize you stuff in a more efficient way, and others are repurposing something that you may have tossed and turning it into a way to help solve a different problem. Some of these I already do, and others I definitely NEED to do. Read on and see how many can help you!
1. Fold your clothes in your drawers so you can see everything, instead of piles.
2. Store like things together, obviously! It’s easier to find them this way.
3. Use an empty picture frame as a DIY dry-erase board.
4. Place tights around wrapping paper to store them (cut the top off of the tights!)
5. Color code your keys with nail polish so you know which key goes to where.
6. Make easy drawer dividers out of empty shoe boxes.
7. Use a paper file sorter to store cutting boards, cookie sheets or pan lids.
8. Use empty jewerely boxes to organize your junk drawer.
9. Use old shower hooks to hang purses in your closet.
10. Use old ring shower hooks to store scarves or belts the same way.
11. Use an empty tissue box to store grocery bags, and use an empty disposable wipe container to store some in your car too (it fits right in your cup holder!)
12. Use a paper towel holder to store ribbons for wrapping for crafting.
13. Use an old dish drying rack to store coloring books (where the dishes go) and crayons (where the silverware goes) for your kids.
14. Use a pretty coat rack to store necklaces or belts you use often.
15. Hang a pegboard to hang and organize sports equipment in the garage (I really need to do this one!!!)
16. Use an old sunglasses case to store ear buds and a charger in your car or when you travel.
17. Store rolled wash cloths in a file organizer,
18. Use hooks to organize: use them to hang belts, scarves, brooms, dust pans- anything really!
19. Use a hikers hook (a carabiner) to hold hair ties so they are easy to find,
20. Use an empty egg carton to store breakable christmas ornaments in between seasons.
21. Use an empty tic-tac holder to store bobby pins.
22. Use an old glass candle top to store small things like tacks, rubber bands or paper clips.
23. Store extra bedding sets in it’s pillow case so it’s easy to find.
24. Use toilet paper rolls standing up in a box to store art supplies (decorate it first with some pretty paper!)
25. Use an empty ice cube tray in a drawer to store earrings or rings.
Helpful, right? The next place I need to organize is our garage, I definitely plan on using some of these tricks to help me get that mess in order!