What do spa nights and pizza have in common?? They have the makings of a great at-home date night! Being parents to three young kids does not allow for too many “real” date nights. My husband and I are lucky to get out every few months away from the kids! Since we can’t sneak away too often we have resolved ourselves to having at-home date nights. We try to have an “at-home” date at least once a week, but for sure twice a month. This allows us to remember that we are not just Mom and Dad but also Husband and Wife.
We do a lot of movies (who doesn’t?) but we try and think of some new and creative ideas too! One thing we love to do is get the kids in bed and then set the stage for a pizza and spa night. One of our favorite pizzas to eat is Tony’s Pizza since it has some delicious homestyle taste for a great price! This week I had visited my local Walmart to take advantage of their amazing prices and used a coupon to save 75 cents off of two pizzas. You can’t beat that price!! We love the crunchy thin crust and real cheese topping. Yum!
When our pizza is cooking, we get the second part of our date night ready to go. My husband is on his feet ALL day long, and let’s face it, I don’t get to sit much either, so we love this simple and detoxifying foot soak where we can rest our piggies while we eat and chat about our days.
To make it, fill up a few tubs of hot water and add in some baking soda, epson salt, a bit of baby oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. It feels to great to soak in and really helps release the toxins that build up from day to day life. Follow it up with a fresh coat of paint and it’s almost like getting a mani at the salon!
Pizza’s done! Yum! Paired with a few glasses of wine and maybe a side salad and you have yourself a complete “at home” date night!
The pizza is the perfect size for both of us to split without leaving us with that “ugg, I just ate too much pizza” feeling. We choose the pepperoni but was sure to get a cheese for the kids for a different night. Tony’s Pizza is such an affordable and authentic tasting pizza. It’s great for helping us stick to our date night on a budget theme.
Want to try and have some more date nights at home? I have researched and found 20 really fun date night ideas that don’t require you to get a baby sitter and all that are on the cheap! Use this list to get some inspiration for your next at-home date night on a budget:
1. Tony’s Pizza in! No delivery fees and it’s paired well with any activity!
2. Spa night
3. Cook a new dinner together, something you’ve never tried!
4. Wine tasting
6. Fancy desserts
7. Bubble bath for 2
8. Themed meal- think of a unique ingredient, like chocolate, and incorporate it into all your dishes!
9. Indoor picnic
10. S’mores by the fire pit or over the stove if you don’t have one
11. Fondue night- not just for dessert, but all your food!
12. Play 20 questions
13. Candle lit meal. If you are really feeling adventurous- get all dressed up first!
14. The classic “rent a movie” or watch some recorded favorite shows
15. Play the wii- have a friendly competition
16. Breakfast in bed at night
17. Play “spin the bottle”
18. Have a “chopped” style cooking night- create some new dishes out of mystery ingredients you have at home
19. Game night! Those board games aren’t just for the kids!
20. Research and plan a future family (or couple’s only) vacation, or maybe a dream house or home renovation project you want to do. Introduce your hubby to Pinterest and create a board for your ideas
Do I have you inspired yet?? Being parents doesn’t mean you have to live a boring night life- you just need to get more creative! Nothing can replace getting all dolled up for a kid-free night on the town, but sometimes a cozy fun evening in just the two of you can be just what’s needed. When you are planning your next at-home date night, don’t forget to stop by Walmart and pick up a few Tony’s Pizzas! Head on over and print this coupon to help save you some money (while supplies last)
Here’s a date night selfie from our evening- no makeup and all! Our pizza was delicious, wine was cold and feet were soaking- and what can be better than that!
Do you plan at-home date nights? What’s your favorite activity?