Do you know what today is?? It’s the first day of school for my kids!! We live in a district with a modified year round schedule, where we get 7 weeks in the summer off, 3 in the fall, 2 in the winter and 2 in the spring- which means we go back much earlier than most other schools- which is ok by me!! We have been off since mid May so my kids are ready for school and I am ready for some quiet! A new school year also means a start to the craziness and hectic schedules. My kids have to be on the bus at 7:02 am so we don’t have too much time in the morning and I am always looking for quick but nutrition breakfasts that are perfect for a busy school morning.
I have searched Pinterest and rounded up 18 awesome breakfasts that are great for weekday mornings because they are simple to make, nutritious, and in some cases, can be made in advanced and frozen. My goal this year is to prep more of these kinds of meals, so instead having to cook a big breakfast, I can just warm something up, knowing that it’s homemade and not full of chemicals like some freezer foods can be. These 18 breakfast ideas are also very “kid-friendly” being mini sized and can be eaten on the go if necessary!
So, before your kids start school, browse through this collection so you can get some ideas for quick and easy breakfasts on those “oh no, I have NO time!” mornings.
1. French Toast Kabobs // Martha Stewart
2. Funny Faced Bagel and Cream Cheese // Real Simple
3. Freezable Breakfast Burritos // Mom on Timeout
4. Berry Green Smoothie for Kids // A Pumpkin and a Princess
5. Breakfast Pizzas // My Recipes
6. Nutella Breakfast Sandwiches // Pinterest (image only)
7. Toddler French Toast Sticks // Once a Month Meals
8. Egg and Cheese Puffs // Beauty and Bedlam
9. Bacon Egg Cups // Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
10. Nutella Breakfast Cereal // A Beautiful Mess
11. Omelet and Potato Breakfast Bites // Ella Claire
12. Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Bites // Lemon Sugar
13. Banana Carrot Cake Muffins // Our Three Peas
14. Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie // Our Three Peas
15. Peanut Butter Banana Wraps // Betty Crocker
16. Pancake Pops // No. 2 Pencil
17. Fruit and Waffle Kabobs // Mom on Timeout
18. Mini Funfetti Pancake Bites // Just Baked
So, next time you are having a crazy morning (or every Monday through Friday if you live in my house) reach for one of these quick options, or better yet, spend an hour or so on the weekend prepping some simple breakfasts for the week!
When do you kids go back to school? What is your favorite go-to breakfast for these hectic mornings?
Need more school food inspiration? Check out my post on easy lunch box ideas so you can fill your kid’s lunch boxes with lots of healthy options!