Summer is in full effect here with many more weeks to go till school begins again. Vacations, traveling, library visits, swimming, trying to figure out ways to keep your kids busy: we are doing it all. Sure, I have my days where I can’t wait for my kids to go back to school so I can have some rest from the fighting and noise and just a break in general, but there are reasons to enjoy summer as a mom too, reasons I like to remember when I’m onto craft #4 of the day or it’s raining and our swimming plans got canceled and now I have an angry at me (why I don’t know because I don’t control the RAIN!) 9 year old. Here are some of my favorite reasons to love summer- at least for a few weeks- besides for the obvious fun vacations and family time, of course:
1. Staying in your PJ’s all day is ok
2. You have a decent shot of sleeping past 7:00 am (and maybe even later!)
3. No homework!
4. No spelling words to practice
5. Less running around
6. No lunches to pack
7. No forms to remember to sign and return
8. If your kids are shoeless all day, it’s usually ok
9. S’mores is a dessert you’d actually like to eat too!
10. You can count swimming as taking a bath if you need to
11. You can send your kids outside all day and not see them for hours and that’s ok.
12. Otter pops are a cheap dessert when the kids want to feed the neighborhood
13. With all of your time at the pool, you may actually get some color and be able to read a book. (maybe)
14. Lazy days
15. Late night fun
These are a few of the ways that I think summer can be great for moms too- what would you add to the list?