Attending an amusement park is a right of passage for kids. They love it and you love seeing how much fun they have. There are other though, less desirable, effects of attending an amusement park with your kids. They may not happen to everyone each time, but most parents can agree they will happen 9 out of 10 times. After just taking/surviving a three day trip with our peas to LegoLand this past week I speak from experience. It was a blast but I am still tired and it’s been over a week since we went.
Here are ten “truths” about going to an amusement park with your kiddies. If other parents tell you that none of these happened to them with their kids they are either 1) lying or 2) aliens.
1.You will be tired before you even start. Stock up on caffeine before you leave.
2. You will have to carry a child for at least 2 hours of your day. Bring some ibuprofen to help alleviate the impending back pain. And a stroller- no matter how old your kids are.
3. Someone will get hurt at least once, possibly twice. On our three days at the park I used 5 bandaids and narrowly avoided an emergency room trip when my youngest flipped over at the bottom of a small water slide and bit her lower lip. Bring a mini first aid kit.
4. Everyone will be starving for snacks but no one will eat any of the $50 amusement park food you buy for lunch. Unless of course it’s ice cream. Then they will eat it all.
5. You will get asked to buy everything from each shop you walk past. I was asked for a $30 caricature like 10 times. $30 x 3? Um no way.
6. Someone will lose something. We lost a pair of spiderman sunglasses. As long as they are not YOUR sunglasses take it as a win.
7. Someone may or may not get sick on the rides. We lucked out on this and everyone did great. I saw other parents not fairing as well.
8. They will always fight over who gets in line first. On every ride. Every time.
9. You will have a blast, but will feel the effects for a few days. Expect tiredness, headaches and a much thinner wallet.
10. You will leave exhausted and then your kids will get a sudden burst of energy. Be prepared. I was so thankful for the hotel pool and free wine at the end of the day. They could swim swim swim and we could sit sit sit.
Can you relate to any of these? What other truths can you add to the list??
Looking for more funny parroting truths?? Stop by and check out these doozies: