Are you a Black Friday Shopper? It can be an amazing time to score some awesome deals for holiday gifts, but it can be quite the event as well. All of the people, crowds, lines and chaos can be too much for some people, but if you come up with a plan and are prepared, you can get some pretty great stuff for some pretty great prices! This year’s Black Friday crowds are suppose to be record-setting so if you are going to be crazy enough to brave the crowds like me, then use these ten tips to help you get the most you can out of this fun shopping day!
1. Santa makes a list and so should you! Create a list of gifts you know you want to get people well before Black Friday. This way when you begin your research you will know what you are looking for and also help to keep you on whatever budget you have set for yourself. Prioritize your list for hot items you think may be on sale on Black Friday and what you can get later.
2. Check out all of the ads from the stores you think you may want to shop at and create a plan on where you want to go and for what. I personally like to try and get as much as I can at each store instead of going to multiple stores. If you hit up some big box retailers first you may be able to cross off a bunch of items on your list at once. Check out some sites like The Black Friday.com, Brads Deals, Deal Confessions and Raining Hot Coupons to see some of the ads.
3. Make a plan for each store and what you want to get first. Many stores will place hot items in random places around the store instead of only placing them in their usual places. They do this probably to minimize the crowding in hot areas, like the electronics section. One time I got a Wii for my kids on black friday and it was in the clothes section! Most stores will pass out maps of where the items are as you are waiting out front or at the front door. Check these out so you know WHERE to actually go!
4. Compare “night-owl” and “early-bird” specials. Many stores will have certain items on sale at certain times. Research these so you can see what you want to get and when.
5. Research the deals. If you are planning on making a special purchase of a big-ticket item based on a Black Friday sale alone, be sure to do some research first. It’s super important to remember to check consumer reports and read reviews of the item before you decide to make the purchase. If the product is bad, just because you got it for cheap doesn’t make it a good deal. Take the time before to make sure it’s a quality product and worth getting up early or staying up late for the price cut.
6. Bring a friend and tag-team the deals. Do you have another friend that is drying to get that hot deal on that razor scooter too? Well, bring a friend not only for company but to help each other shop. It’s just as easy to grab two items as it is to get one. If you divide and conquer you have more of a chance to get what you want.
7. Don’t forget to grab the cheaper stuff! Small ticket items can also be on big sales too so don’t forget to grab some of those while you are out!
8. Load up on coupons before you go! Sometimes you can turn a great deal into an extraordinary one by stacking a coupon on the big sale.
10. Have fun!! Remember this should be fun, so don’t stress too much if you don’t get the deals you wanted. Between Black Friday and Christmas there are always great deals online and in store so don’t worry if you miss one, chances are you’ll be able to get another good deal later.
One of my favorite stores to hit up Black Friday is Office Max. They have really great deals on certain electronics and this year they will have the lowest prices all year on Black Friday! You can check out all of their awesome deals on their site and by staying up to date with them on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to download their super fun Elf Yourself app too! We download this app every year and my kids just crack up every time we make a video. You can download the app here! Check out Office Max’s Deal Center to plan your shopping trip there.
So, don’t let Black Friday intimidate you, make a list, check it twice and get out there and shop! Enjoy yourself and bring some friends, it can be really fun! Check out this neat infographic for some more Black Friday tips, tricks and facts.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.