Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which is the first day of Lent, and for us Catholics, it’s a time to sacrifice something for 40 days. This year I have chosen to give up all sweets and snacks. So, all desserts like candy, cookies and ice cream and then all “snacks” like crackers, chips, pretzels- things like that. So basically all yummy things 😐 It should be fun.
This year my daughter has decided to give up all sweets too and my son is “still deciding”. The youngest is still too young, but next year she can choose something. Sweets are a noble thing to give up, but I have some better suggestions that I wish they would give instead. Here are ten things I WISH they would give up for Lent:
1. Fighting with one another.
2. Squeezing toothpaste on the counter everywhere and leaving it.
3. Not flushing the potty.
4. Leaving a trail of crumbs everywhere they go.
5. Waking up super early on the weekend.
7. Hating every meal I make.
9. Leaving all of their junk in the car when I said to bring it in.
Oh I am sure none of these would ever be, especially that last one, but a mother can dream- right?