Is clutter taking over your life? I often feel that way! Decluttering can be an overwhelming thing, but it doesn’t always have to be. Sometimes just tossing some items can make the load seem that much easier and make it simpler to get rid of more junk. I wanted to share some tricks to getting rid of some of the things you don’t need, starting with your kid’s rooms! I know my kid’s rooms get messy very quickly, and often times its full of things that I feel like they haven’t touched in ages! This list of 10 things to toss from your kid’s room today, will give you a place start getting rid of the clutter in your life.
Remember that just because you are tossing these items out of your life, doesn’t mean you have to actually toss them! Feel free to make a donation pile or a sell pile for an upcoming yard sale you are planning. I love donating to friends and family too with younger kids than mine. Its a great feeling knowing that the things your kids loved so much are getting a new life someplace else. So grab some trash bags and let’s get to work! Look for these items in your kid’s rooms and ditch them quick before the kids even notice they are gone:
- Broken toys
- Dried-out markers or broken crayons
- Socks without a match
- Shabby or old stuffed animals that are always at the bottom of the toy bin.
- “Restaurant” prize toys that no one plays with
- Board games or puzzles with missing pieces
- Outdated trinkets that are no longer of interest
- Books that are too babyish and don’t have sentimental value.
- Sports uniforms from past seasons
- Shoes and clothes that don’t fit
Easy enough, right? Begin with these items and soon you may find yourself getting rid of even more! Getting rid of the clutter makes space for the things that really matter in life- and maybe for some new items as well.