Last week I shared a quick list of the things to toss from your kid’s rooms, and I am back again, this time with a list of things you can toss from your house today! Clutter is never a good thing and getting rid of it can be beneficial to not only your house, but to your whole self. Clearing out that extra junk can be a daunting task, but if you start small, it gets easier as you go. Use this list to get started today, so you can have more space for tomorrow!
Now remember when I say “toss”, that doens’t necessarily mean actually in the trash can. Donating to charities, your local church or to a friend that may need it is always a good idea. Having a yard sale and getting some extra cash can be good too, and the perfect way to save up some extra cash for that vacation fund, but with this list, it’s definitely more likely these items just need to get thrown away:
- Socks without a match
- Food-storage containers without a lid
- DVDs you never watch
- Expired coupons
- Dried-out markers or super small crayons
- Baking supplies you’ll never use (i.e. apple pie spice or those three cupcake holders left over from the Fourth of July)
- T-shirts that are too big, which you said you would wear to bed but never do
- Trinkets from birthday-party goodie bags or the treasure chest at the dentist (mini Slinky toys, tiny erasers)
- Ketchup and soy sauce packets
- Chipped plates or cups
There ya go, ten things to say bye bye to right now! Once you toss these items, you may be inspired to get rid of more stuff!
Want more reasons to ditch the clutter? Here are 10 excellent reason why that’s a good idea!
Photo Credit: Emily May