I’ve been trying to limit my carbs recently, often swapping out my beloved pasta for some healthier zoodles instead. Have you had zoodles? Zoodles are a funny name for faux “noodles” that are made from zucchini instead of pasta. It’s a healthier version of pasta and really tastes similar, especially when it’s topped with this so easy, zesty 10 minute sun dried tomato sauce that tastes as great as it looks.
Sun dried tomatoes are such a nice change from traditional tomatoes and have a wonderfully zesty flavor. With a few short cuts, this zoodle dish literally cooks up in ten minutes from start to finish.
I like to buy my sun dried tomatoes packed in oil. This version is additionally flavored with fresh herbs and adds a great burst of flavor to your dish. One jar is plenty for a few meals too! My other shortcut is buying pre-zoodled zoodles. I actually don’t have a “zoodle maker” and would like to get one someday, but my grocery store sells fresh packed zoodles in the produce section and only costs a little more than buying whole zucchinis. It’s an extra dollar and saves me tons of time.
This dish is made in one pot and is so super fast to make. Of course you could use this sauce and regular pasta too, or a combination of pasta and zoodles, which is a great way of getting the best of both worlds! Either way, it’s a healthy sauce full of fresh, wholesome ingredients- and just a little wine for some added flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil & herbs
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the butter and olive oil in a pan, melt.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in chicken stock and wine, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and a few drops of water to make a paste. Add the paste to the pan and whisk to thicken up the sauce.
- Add in the tomatoes and spices and cook 2 minutes.
- Add in your zoodles and stir, cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Turn off heat and add in the cheese, serve immediately..
This sauce is so yummy and incredibly easy to make. Half the recipe to whip up a great lunch for yourself or make some extra for the whole family!